5 reasons why team building activities outside the workplace is important:
1. Facilitates better communication – Team building activities are designed to create discussion and enable open communication among employees, and between employees and management. Organising healthy team building activities outside of the normal work-space such as Golf, Virtual Motor Racing & Karaoke means that employees and management can engage together in “something other than work” that allows employees and management to communicate more freely which can improve office relationships and in turn, the quality of work done.
2. Motivates employees – Leadership and team building go hand in hand. The more comfortable your employees are to express their ideas and opinions, the more confident they will become. Introducing light-hearted competition outside the realm of the office such as Internal Golf Tournaments encourages employees and management to challenge themselves and each other in a healthy, nonthreatening and enjoyable way resulting in a more motivated employee (and manager).
3. Promotes creativity – Taking a team outside of an office setting and exposing them to new experiences will force them to think outside of their normal routine. Engaging in group activities/competitions outside of the formality of the workplace encourage creativity and fresh ideas, which are great qualities to bring back to the office.
4. Develops problem-solving skills – Whether working in banking, law or hospitality etc a crisis can happen at any time. Team activities such as Buzz Quiz require co-workers to work together to solve problems and can improve the ability to think rationally and strategically. Teams that are able to communicate effectively to determine when a problem arises are better equipped to know what they can do about it and confidently take charge.
5. Breaks the barrier – Team building increases the trust factor with your employees. Often in corporate settings there is a disconnect between the leadership team and employees because the employees sense too large of a gap between the two. Team building exercises such as Karaoke can give leadership the opportunity to be seen as a colleague rather than a boss, which can do wonders for employee morale.
Overall, team building in the workplace enables better communication, better relationships and ultimately increases productivity. Here at City Golf we cater for events ranging in size from small team outings to larger team building & client entertainment events for up to 200 people. We tailor each event to suit the specific needs and requirements, be it team building, client entertainment, lar